Mining Bitcoin (BTC) can be a very profitable business project if you carefully plan your mining operation. The first thing you need is some top-quality cryptocurrency mining hardware such as an Antminer S9 ASIC miner machine. You can of course mine BTC with standard GPU mining rigs, but a strong ASIC miner is far more efficient, especially the Antminer series produced by Bitmain.
However, no matter how strong your mining machine is, you won’t be really efficient in mining BTC if you’re a solo miner. It’s quite difficult to find the appropriate 64-digit hash for a Bitcoin blockchain transaction and be the first miner to find the right combination and earn a reward. Instead, thousands of miners join forces in mining pools, where they combine their computing power to hash BTC faster and share the block rewards within the pool.
Let’s take a look at Antpool, the most popular crypto mining pool that is in fact run by the manufacturer of Antminer machines, and find out how you can join it.
The most popular Bitcoin mining pool: Antpool
The first BTC mining pool in the world is Slushpool, which was launched in 2010, just a year after the launch of Bitcoin and it remains a popular mining pool today. However, Antpool is by far the largest BTC mining pool with 17.5% of all mined BTC blocks according to a statistic revealed back in September of 2021. It’s also one of the market leaders in terms of pool hashrate.
Antpool is operated by Bitmain, the biggest manufacturer of mining hardware, and the pool works great with Antminer ASIC machines. The pool has been operational since 2014 and users can choose stratum or p2pool mining options. Stratum mining is a pooled mining protocol, while the p2pool algorithm ensures no 51% mining attacks can happen within the designated mining pool, thus ensuring the security of the whole network. The Antpool network nodes are scattered in regions around the world so as to ensure network stability. This means that no one can simply pull the plug and shut down the whole mining pool.
The user interface for Antpool is pretty simple and doesn’t contain any complex features. It’s specifically designed to offer users an easy-to-use mining experience where they just have to sign up for the service and connect their mining equipment and wallet address in order to start mining. Also, Antpool enables users to mine various currencies apart from BTC, including Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Zcash (ZEC), and Dash (DASH).
How You Can Join Antpool
Joining Antpool is really straightforward. You don’t need to pay any membership fees and Antpool doesn’t charge any hidden fees, except for the standard blockchain transaction fees when transferring your newly mined BTC through the Bitcoin network. You just need to create an account on the Antpool.com registration section and then follow the instructions for setting up your mining operation.
The whole process looks like this:
- In order to have the best Antpool productivity experience, you should get an Antminer machine such as the S9,S9i,T9,T9+ or other Antminer models, which all have great miner configurations and high hashing power.
- Create an account on the Antpool website. You can also create multiple sub-accounts for different mining operations.
- Install your miner, and then connect it to a power source and to network cable with sufficient bandwidth. Be sure to provide enough electricity for your Antminer because it could malfunction if the voltage is less than sufficient. The required voltage is between 210v and 230v.
- Get your miner IP address from the IP reporter software which will help you manage your mining operation.
- You can set up multiple mining machines on one Antpool account to join their hash rates. In case you want to connect several Antminers, be sure to set a static IP with the Antpool app. The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices and sends notifications about all changes and updates of your mining operation.
- Once you’ve set up your miner IP, use the Google Chrome or Firefox browser and enter your miner IP into the address bar to access the miner backstage interface.
When mining with Antpool, you’ll get paid every day if you’ve earned the designated minimum of BTC for a payout. For Bitcoin, you need to earn a minimum of 0.05 BTC in order to get paid. Every time you have at least 0.05 BTC, the coins will automatically be sent to the Bitcoin wallet address that you’ve entered into your Antpool account. Make sure to provide a valid BTC address because Antpool won’t be able to refund your assets in case you set up a wrong BTC address.
A Few Final Words…
If you’re looking for a trustworthy and reliable Bitcoin mining pool with regular payouts and a simple user experience, then Antpool is a perfect choice. It’s trusted by thousands of miners around the world and it’s backed by the best mining hardware manufacturer on the market.